I hope you enjoyed your weekend ! Happy Family Day to all our Canadian Readers, and Presidents Day for those in the U.S.A. Today I am featuring a recipe for the most delicious homemade pancakes. This recipe is great for storage as well, so you can have a batch of homemade batter ready for use. Enjoy the recipe below
- 1/4 cup and 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon white sugar
- 1/4 cup and 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/4 egg
- 2-1/4 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1 table spoon vanilla extract - Optional
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, and vanilla extract (if you decided to use it)
- Make a well in the center and pour in the milk, egg and melted butter; mix until smooth.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat.
- Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake.
- Brown on both sides and serve hot.